MM2H- Malaysia My Second Home Programme
The Malaysia My Second Home Programme (MM2H) is promoted by the Government of Malaysia to offer non Malaysians or foreigners who fulfill certain criteria for a ten year renewable visa to stay in Malaysia on a multiple-entry social visit pass and a with wide range of incentives.
ELIGIBILITY for MM2H
It is open to citizens of all countries recognized by Malaysia regardless of race, religion, gender or age. Applicants are allowed to bring their spouses and unmarried children below the age of 21 as dependents.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENT for MM2H
Applicants aged below 50 years:
required to show proof of liquid assets worth a minimum of RM500,000 and offshore income of RM10,000 per month.
Applicants aged 50 and above:
may comply with the financial proof of RM350,000 in liquid assets and off shore income of RM10,000 per month.
PROCEDURE of MM2H Application
1. For Individual Application
To apply as an individual, submit the following:-
- Two passport-size colour photos of yourself
- Copies of all pages of your travel documents (ie. passport)
- Statement of Income
- Applications Form
- Financial documents as required in the Application Form
- Letter of Good Conduct from relevant government agency
2. For Application together with Spouse and Children
Submit in addition to (1) above:-
- Two passport-size colour photos of each family member
- Copies of all pages of each family member’s travel documents (ie. passport)
- Copy of Marriage Certificate (for spouse) or Birth Certificate (for dependent[s])
- If your spouse or children are Malaysian citizens, please include copies of their passports, identification cards (ICs) and the relevant marriage certificate (spouse) or birth certificates (children).
Successful MM2H Applicant
- Successful applicants need to open their fixed deposits in Ringgit Malaysia (RMY) in any bank in Malaysia for one-year period on an auto renewal basis **
- Applicants must possess a valid medical insurance policy from any insurance company in Malaysia.
- All applicants and their dependents are required to submit a medical report from any private hospital or registered clinic in Malaysia.
BENEFITS and INCENTIVES:
Please be informed that property purchase is not a pre-requisite for participating in MM2H programme.
Acquisition Procedure Of Residential Unit Under Malaysia My Second Home Programme
Car Purchase and Import
Each participant is allowed to bring in his/her own personal car OR to purchase a locally-assembled car without the need to pay import duty, excise duty and sales tax. For application to IMPORT a motorcar from the participant’s country of citizenship/last domicile must be forwarded to the Ministry of Finance within a period of six months from the endorsement date of Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) social visit pass.
Each applicant is allowed to apply for one maid subject to the prevailing guidelines of the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
Applicants are allowed to bring their children who under 21 years old and not married as their dependants under this programme. Children who intend to continue their schooling in Malaysia are required to apply for a Student Pass and should be insured throughout their stay under this programme.
For More Info please contact us: